For more than 25 years, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has enjoyed an incredible relationship with the wonderful associates at Walmart. Through June 11, Walmart customers and Sam’s Club members can make a donation to their CMN Hospital at the register.
In addition, even after this campaign is completed, our friends at Walmart will continue to raise awareness for CMN Hospitals in June through some exciting new activities in the stores’ Baby department.
We are thrilled that the support for our member hospitals continues to pour in — from TV shows to Walmart suppliers — wanting to make a difference in the lives of local kids. Below are some of the upcoming activities happening this month:
- Ella, a 6-year-old Miracle Child, is sharing her story across the U.S. through Walmart and its Every Little Steps campaign.
Ella's story: After nearly two months of bed rest for her mom, Miracle Child Ella was born six and a half weeks early, weighing 3 pounds, 14 ounces. She spent her first two weeks in the neonatal intensive care unit and was treated by her Children's Miracle Network Hospital for heart and skull issues. Thanks to the great care she received, Ella is now a healthy 6-year-old who loves to ski, swim and chase after her little brother.
Keep an eye out for CMN Hospitals signage in the Walmart Baby department in stores nationwide, featuring Ella and inviting customers to Put Their Money Where the Miracles Are:
- Through a relationship with Walmart supplier Proctor & Gamble, The ABC Family television series Bet On Your Baby will feature CMN Hospitals Miracle Child Joshua on Saturday, June 14 at 8/7c. Mom bloggers and consumers will be live tweeting throughout the episode from 8-9 p.m. EST. For each tweet featuring the #LuvsBOYB hashtag, one Luvs diaper will be donated to CMN Hospitals (up to 10,000 diapers).
- On June 17 at noon EST, Johnson & Johnson will host a Twitter party to build buzz around the Johnson Baby promotion, where $1 from select purchases in June will benefit CMN Hospitals. Consumers can join the conversation by following the hashtaag #JohnsonBabyCARES.
- Now through August, Walmart supplier Johnson & Johnson will also donate $1 for photos shared on the Donate A Photo app. Users must select Children's Miracle Network Hospitals as the benefiting charity. Watch for specially marked Johnson & Johnson products for more details
- Throughout June, $1 per purchase of any Johnson’s Baby, Aveeno Baby and Desitin products, along with Infant Tylenol and Infant Motrin will go to CMN Hospitals, up to $200,000. Additionally, a portion of proceeds from all Gerber products will benefit CMN Hospitals from May 14 - June 28, up to $200,000. Pampers and Walmart are also partnering to donate $200,000.
- White Cloud, a paper products company, recently announced the winners of its tissue box design contest between patients treated at Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Four kids will have their artwork printed on special edition tissue boxes available exclusively at Walmart through June. The winners also earned a $15,000 donation and a yearlong supply of paper products for their member hospital. White Cloud will donate an additional $95,000 to CMN Hospitals.
All of us at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals are very grateful for this outpouring of support to raise funds and awareness for local children’s hospitals!
We'd like to offer a huge thanks to Ella and her family for sharing her inspiring story to help remind us of the importance of doing what we can to help save and improve the lives of local kids.