5 ways to help CMN Hospitals this month
August is a month of change. It may start out relaxed and leisurely, but by the end it's making school lists and checking them twice. In the spirit of checking off to-do's with a No. 2 pencil, it's also a month you can help CMN Hospitals in a few simple ways. One might even involve a leisurely hotel stay! Here are our Fab Friday 5...
1. Extra Life lets you play games wherever you want and raise funds directly for your member hospital. Visit www.Extra-Life.org to see what the fuss is all about, and why thousands of gamers from all walks are gearing up to fundraise and play games on Saturday, October 20! You can also check out the Facebook page and follow the conversation on Twitter @ExtraLife4Kids.
2. Are you a tad bit envious of all the crisp new jeans kids get to wear? Slip into your favorite threads and celebrate Miracle Jeans Day on Wednesday, September 12. August is a great month to register and raise funds at your office (especially if jeans are a summer or casual Friday luxury). Check out www.MiracleJeansDay.com for all the ways to get involved.
3. Have you met your state's Champion? They are packing their bags for DC and Florida to serve as ambassadors for their hospital, home state and the millions of kids who benefit from our funds. Click here to read what makes each one an inspiration. And feel free to share their stories!
4. Follow The Torch Relay for CMN Hospitals and you could win some down time! This 5k walk/run returns to 22 U.S. cities this fall, all in support of the nearest member hospital. The Torch Relay organizers are giving away a complimentary 4-night Marriott Hotel stay to one lucky follower who Likes their Facebook page before August 30.
5. Let the music play! We can't get enough of two songs helping CMN Hospitals this month: the catchy "It's All About Music" by our great friend and supporter Ethan Bortnick, and a heartfelt and empowering cover of "The Fighter" by Paradise Fears. All proceeds from both iTunes downloads benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. You can check out the videos below (video trivia: "The Fighter" was filmed on location at our Network's Sanford Children's Hospital).