Five Ways to Make Miracles This Month
We love October for the fall colors above us and the crunch of leaves beneath our feet. It's also a month bright with several ways to fund raise for, and spread the word about, your local hospital. And because it's a month you can enjoy the sunshine and get the chills, we have indoor and outdoor activities that can help kids in your community. Here we go...
1. Game for good! The Extra Life gaming marathon in support of your CMN Hospital is just days away! The good news: most donations come in during these final-push hours, so don't hesitate to sign up! How it works: you register free online (raise individually, create a group or join an existing one!) and seek donations that go directly to your hospital. Then, have fun gaming all weekend! From lawn games to video and playing individually to gathering in groups, there's a play-ce for everyone.
2. Get some autumn air! Torch Relay 5k's are a great way to walk, run or roll to show your local hospital support while enjoying your city's fall weather. This month's remaining Torch Relays visit the southwest and Texas! Check out Torch Relay's official site to find out more about your local city's Relay, when it's happening and how to get involved.
4. Fix up the house and help your hospital! October is a great month to tackle delayed summer projects and get a start on winterizing. While fixing up the place, remember that 2012 Champions supporting sponsor Ace Hardware is celebrating all the U.S. Champions with their in-store Champions icon campaign. Visit your local Ace Hardware and look for your state Champion. Your purchase of the Champion icon goes to your nearest CMN Hospital.
3. The fall is all about new looks. Why not change up your style and help CMN Hospitals? Participating Great Clips salons are hosting their October Miracle Balloon campaign. Simply get your hair cut this month (you can even check in ahead and save time at Great Clips website), purchase a $1 Miracle Balloon when you're done, and receive $2 off your next cut.
5. Ahoy (Miracle) Mate! Craving a warm seafood basket as cooler temps set in? Don't forget participating Long John Silver's are hosting their October Miracle Balloon campaign. Your donation at the register is displayed in-store and met with a free Pepsi coupon. Might we suggest visiting on Hallooween for all the pirates in your costume party?
We have to say, these are some campaigns worth falling into. Happy October to all our Miracle Children, and thanks as always to all who support them!